Monday, May 11, 2009

From Graduating to Virginia!


Wow! It has been a long time since I last checked in via the blogging system. Our life has changed significantly since the last post. First, I finished my student teaching (thankfully) and graduated on May 2nd. It was surreal and magnificent all at the same time. I am looking for a job now because I'm a competent member of society with a degree! Woot!

On May 3rd we loaded up the Protege to the tippy-top and headed out east! Our friend BJ followed us too.


Our first stop was in Grand Island, Nebraska. It was flat and fairly boring along with an aroma of stank that left me dry heaving and Danno laughing at me. Unfortunately, no pictures were captured of sweet Nebraska

We then drove, drove, drove, and drove until we ended up in St. Louis. We walked around down town, past the Cardinals stadium, and to the arch. It was the highlight of our drive and Danno was particularly marveled with the grandeur of the arch. This jazzed him for his future career of

building/designing/civil engineering. There was a plaque that described how it was built by a civil engineering team. We also crossed the Mississippi and gave a hearty shout out to Huck Finn.

Four days later, after a slight tire complication and a few calls to AAA, we arrived in Roanoke! Sleepy and car-crammed legs led us up to our Pebble Creek apartment where we passed out!













Here we are playing "throw the rock in the beer can" as we wait for AAA to rescue us.

4 comments:

Chandler Family said...

Looks like an adventure! Are you guys going to be out there the whole summer?

Nana said...

YEAH!!! You are back on-line!! I have missed your silly but very educational blogs!
We miss you two like fudge but are so glad that you finally made it to Virginia safe and "sound" (for the most part)!
As usual, you guys always have the most interesting photo shots. Thanks for sharing.
Your apartment misses you too, but we miss ya even more!
OXOXOXOX

p.s. Thanks again for letting us share your graduation day with you and your darling parents. We are so very proud of you young lady!:>

AnneMarie said...

Oh Nell, you are the bomb. I hope you enjoy your summer and have many adventures. Come home and play throw the rock at the beer can with me, okay?

Tuzi Salz said...

Why did you move? I'm just curious. Ok...I'm more than curious...I'm on a need to know basis right now. You moved across the whole country and I didn't know. What if you had drown in the great mississippi while trying to contact Finn???