- His brother got the Bubonic Plague. (Tough deal)
- When discussing the moon: "My grandpa went to the moon! And my brother got to go there when he went to space camp!"
- When discussing how our holidays went: "I went to Australia and swam with dolphins."
- Only to be followed with: "I'm going to Mexico and maybe Vietnam for Christmas, but I don't know yet."
- When talking about favorite sports teams: "My dad played for the Steelers and won tons of super bowls."
- When discussing bullying: "My brother got bullied once. He was hit in the head and his eye popped out. But its in again."
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Teaching these last two weeks have been HEAVEN! Although an expected hell is on the brink of disaster, I am loving what I have right now. One of my students has particularly had me choking back snorts and giggles all year. This student has a problem. He is a compulsive liar. But I dare say he is the best kind there is. He is sweet and sincere with a wonderful heart. Here are some of the things that have "happened" to him in his short 8 years of life.