Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Living La Vida Loca...Clearly





So here I am in our Virginia apartment as a cool breeze wafts through the house. Here are some of my favorite things about our new address as of late:
  • Everyone has an accent and some can't understand my "Utah" talk.
  • I was informed by my co-workers that the "mountain-folk," such as the kind you find on My Big Redneck Wedding, only come into "town" on the weekends and they deluge the mall. Apparently I have toothless, cheap, camouflage folks headed my way at the Valley View Mall. I'm STOKED. In case you aren't sure what these people may look like... I was also informed that the men sit outside of the store because we aren't a taxidermist/Gas Station/Walmart.
  • I was informed by my boss that Southern Virginia is a large producers of Daddy's Moon Shine, or "magic water." This truly is a magical place.
  • It is beautiful here. This is just outside of our apartment. We cannot believe how green it is!

7 comments:

Nana said...

WOW! I too am so STOKED as how effortlessly you and Daniel have found your niche there in Roanoke!!
Hey Danno...I love the new awesome arm tattoos and your stylin' new hair do! How many doors did you have to knock on without your shirt to get that nice sunburnt glow?
And Nellie...Are those the latest Redneck duds from Old Navy? I love the hat! Plus is this possibly an announcement?!? :> Am I going to be a grandma again? Woot Hoo!
We just couldn't be more proud to be them there your parents!
Sending all of our love and moon shine your way!
OXOXOXOXOX
MA & PA Champ

AnneMarie said...

Jealous.

Suzi Q said...

Glad to see you made it to Virginia alive! I TOTALLY miss you! I know that sounds lame but you bring such a spunk to YW! We all miss you! Keep in touch! :)

The Shurtleffs said...

This is so exciting!! What are you both doing for jobs?

Riley and Cassie said...

Sounds like you finally found a place where you'll fit in Nell!

Tuzi Salz said...

YOU MOVED TO WHERE?????????? E-mail, text, or call me immediately little one.

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

You'd better get out your gutbucket and harr-mon-i-kuh to impress the locals.

Lucky for you I speak a little Podunk:

"Have you eaten yet?" -->
"D'jeet?"

"I would like a chilled beverage my good sir." -->
"Hay thar Jeth, toss me uh beer wit sum ayce."

"Hello young lady." -->
"Git yesself in teh kitchun and make me uh sammich, wumun."