Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In the words of Whitney Houstin, "I believe the children are our future."

Nearly every day I arrive at la escuela I find sticky treats ripped from pockets, pennies and dimes, and love notes. Many of them look somewhat like the above picture. As I sit down and get ready for the day, I read them and think how cute they are, how precious these little munchkins are, and how teaching is grrrrrrrrrreat. Imagine my surprise when I found this one from an anonymous little kiddy.

I laughed so loud when I found this one. I quickly stuffed it in my teacher bag to avoid questions from my nosy little boys. Later that day, the littlest girl in the class, came up to me with her toothless grin and asked if I got her note. I told her I wasn't sure and she said enthusiastically, "It was the one in the big, black marker!" She had found a valentine that said, "stuck on you." Personally, it was funnier to me how she wrote it. This is why people have kids.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That is THE funniest thing I have seen in a long time! I needed a good laugh, and I'll be laughing about that for days! Thanks for sharing. :)

Nana said...

That is SO funny!:> I promise you.....never a dull moment when small children are involved!
So how did it go today with the BIG kids?
I'm thinkin' of ya!

Riley and Cassie said...

That's hilarious! That's one to hang on the fridge! (Except when your visiting teachers come...they already think you're a drunkard with all the bottles around!)

McKell said...

Candace was singing that Whitney Houston song at every airport we stopped at last week. I am glad to see it is a meaningful song for all ELED majors. That note is hilarious, I got some good ones from last block as well.

Teach them well and let them lead the way...

AnneMarie said...

hilarious. It reminded me of my nephew's valentine to his dad "dir dad i hat you, hat sam". oh children...