Monday, March 29, 2010

2 years ago today...

Danno asked me to marry him! I naturally said yes. Here is the story for those who don't know it.
March 29th 2008.
Danno and I had been dating since he got home from his mission and had basically decided we were getting married (ok, we had completely decided we were getting married). Thus I knew a proposal was coming. We went with his family to Zions National Park for Easter. I had suspected something was going to happen on this trip because I heard his mom ask him if he was still planning on proposing (I'm quick like that :) ). However, Danno was so cool and collected I thought he had changed his mind about the Zions proposal. We had so much fun and I just forgot about the potential proposal!
We began hiking Angel's Landing at 6:30 am with Aunt Cheryl, Uncle Datus, and cousin Ben. It was beautiful and a little scary. As we reached the top I saw Danno start to fidget and he kept touching his pocket. Then it hit me. I started to get all squirmy and jumpy! The others let us go ahead and Danno put his arm around me as we looked out off the top of Angel's Landing and he said, "So, do you really want to do this?" I promptly replied, "what?" Quickly followed by, "Um, get married." I love this story! Danno may feel embarrassed but I love it! Then he got down on one knee and popped the question with this rock.Due to nerves and the overwhelming nature of the proposal, Danno didn't get to say everything he wanted to but he more than made up for it in a speech he gave at our wedding dinner. It made me, my sisters, mom and dad all cry like babies.

4 comments:

Rodney and Tanya said...

Good thing he didn't get too nervous and fidgety and drop the ring off the side of the cliff!

Schmoopasaurus Rex said...

I've never gotten over how gorgeous your ring is!

Mazeltov!

Nana said...

Oh what a wonderful day that was in such a beautiful place!
How very blessed I am that you said "yes"!
I love you to pieces my other daughter!!
Mommasitta

Wallace Family said...

you're ring is so pretty
kelsie