Sunday, November 2, 2008

Where is Koala?


Hello friends and family! Look closely at this picture. Please take note of a few details.
1. The bowl is empty.
2. The bamboo is gone.
3. Koala is gone.
4. There are fish sticks beside the bowl.
No, we did not eat Koala. But there is a tragic story. However, first I would like to remind you of the conditions in owning my sweet little beta fishy. Danno said that we can have a baby if I could 1. keep the plants alive, and 2. keep the fish alive. Now for the tale of that dark, dark day.

I awoke one chilly October day and my nose was a little runny, and the tip of it was cold. I stepped onto our creaky floor and thought, "My tropical little beta fish must be freezing if me, a mammal underneath mountains of blankets is cold!" Due to my maternal nature, I wanted to warm up my little creature. So I did what any loving mother would do, I turned on the heater. After an hour, our glorified space heater was doing nothing but warming a corner of the house and my Koala was probably STILL cold. Then I thought, "Well I'll just put him by the heater of course!" I went about my business and then went to retrieve my fish. When I bent over, my fingertips were shocked with a foreign sensation! It is called "warmth."
The bowl was warm.
The water was too warm.
The fish was dead...and little cooked I assume.
I tried to cool him off with tepid water. I tried a little first aid by pushing on his little tummy to start his heart. Even my sad and sorry tears didn't bring back Koala.

The moral of this story is: sorry if you wanted a niece or nephew, grandson or grandaughter, playmate for your children, or cute baby eye candy. Its not gonna happen :)

7 comments:

Chandler Family said...

Oh my gosh! This is so funny. don't feel bad I did the same thing with a pet frog I thought he looked cold in the shade all day so i put his bowl in the sun and he fried. Sad! Just know you are not alone.

Suzi said...

You are a precious gem...even if you do kill fish and bamboo.

AnneMarie said...

Well, he wasn't exactly in his natural habitat, right? So your chances of keeping a baby alive will probably be better.

Greg and Cindy said...

I can't keep my plants alive either, but so far my children are okay(they cry when they need to be fed). Maybe you will be lucky like me!

Wallace Family said...

I killed 3 fish and several house plants due to neglect and yet I have managed to keep my 3 children alive and well thus far! There was that one time I gave Kelsie a heat rash because I was bundling her in so many blankets though....

Nana said...

I just want you to know that no matter what crazy thing you seem to stumble into....I still love ya to death (no pun intended)!!
I must add here that you killed the fish and bamboo before we entrusted you with our ONLY grandkids. So I think it's safe to say your kids will have a fighting chance of survival!

Once again you made my day!:>
I am so very blessed to call you my daughter! oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Nana said...

P.S. Did you really eat the fish sticks?:/