Friday, September 9, 2011

Crafty crafterness

I love being off track.  I say that every time.  I know- I'm aware.  But I just want to make sure you are all aware.  I decorated the house for fall yesterday and I got the craft bug so I made this fun little tree thingy.  I keep seeing decorations like this and I really wanted one.  As I was browsing Martha Stewart online I saw something reminiscent of this and then realized that I had an endless supply of dried up sticks!  This is all thanks to our stinkin' garbage trees that are slowly, but surely falling on our house.  Seriously, who lets a cottonwood tree and the poisonous banana tree grow in their yard?!  Anyway, I just found some aesthetically pleasing branches, spray painted them black, made some ornaments, found some sparkly ribbon and a pot.  I love having time to do things for my little house and family.  Hopefully there will be more crafts to come soon.

3 comments:

Jay and Danielle said...

Way cute! I love your crafty-ness!!!

Sara Elizabeth Photography said...

I just want u to know u are the cutest person I know! Im so jealous of how crafty u are! I can't wait to see all the cute things you come up with for baby champion. (and i can't wait to baby shop for the cute lil peach)

Wallace Family said...

Super crafty! And so thrifty, too!