Friday, September 9, 2011

2 1/3 and a puppy

As many of you know, we are preggo!  I am now 13 weeks and quickly departing from my 1st trimester of pregnancy.  I am hoping that this means the painful symptoms are leaving as well.  However, compared to my sisters and mother, my pregnancy has been really mild.  I have only thrown up twice and just have back pain (so intense!) and nausea.  This is the strangest experience.  I totally thought when I became pregnant I would feel instantly different.  Tis' not the case.  I feel the same-I'm still Janelle, but I feel bloated and my belly is protruding.  We had the awesome experience of seeing baby-bean via ultrasound and it was the sweetest and most adorable blob I have ever seen.  Since then we are in love.  Here is the short version of our pregnancy events:
  • I had a cough that wouldn't go away so I went to the doctors office if I could get a refill on my inhaler.  We had just, and I mean JUST, started trying so I thought that there was a 5% chance I could be pregnant.  Due to the medicine I was going to get they needed to check if I was preggo. Yuppers I was!  I just laughed and giggled and couldn't control it!  Poor doctor Vogelar just smiled and put up with me.
  • While at Barnes and Noble, I told Danno I wanted a book that compared our baby to fruit sizes.  He thought I was crazy.  But he still helped me find the perfect book and baby is currently the size of a peach.  A sweet, fuzzy (baby has hair now), wiggling little peach.
  • Danno is now the official man for stinky jobs.  He is the sole poop picker-upper, garbage taker-outer, Yuki tooth brusher, and other various scents that bum out my super smeller.

 So that is it!  I have the most wonderful husband who takes care of my ailing body and tells me how cute I am even though I'm chunkin' out.  I am so lucky to be so loved.  Baby is already so loved.  Lucky lil' 1/3 of a person.

4 comments:

The Shurtleffs said...

Congrats! So exciting. Enjoy your pregnancy, Janelle! It is a super fun time and it is crazy. I, personally, was quite miserable my first trimester, OK-ish my second, and very miserable my third again (I got Humongous!). It is funny though, because I kind of miss it! Weird, I know. But it is crazy to feel those little squirms and kicks. Enjoy this wonderful experience!

I also feel obligated to tell you that at Carter's I bought the cutest blue polo style shirt that said "CHAMPION" on the back. I don't know if they would still have it, but maybe it would be on clearance even. :)

Kim said...

Congratulations Daniel and Janelle! We're excited to have a Champion cousin.

Suzi Q said...

I AM SOO THRILLED FOR YOU!!! You are going to be the CUTEST little mama! I can't wait to see you get a baby bump! You are amazing! I hope to see you soon!!

Sara Elizabeth Photography said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE