Saturday, April 10, 2010

Confessions of a MAF: Married Asian Female

Confession 1: Last week I went to my parent's house to kill some time while Danno was working. Suddenly I found myself rummaging through my old room. After discovering old notes from middle school, clog shoes, and too-short shirts, I found my wedding dress. Now I have been telling myself for the last two years that I should have had my dress taken in more through the waist because it was a little "roomy" when I got married. Call it delusion, whatevs, but I have felt skinnier than when we got married. Thus you would think the dress should have even more room. Negative. I decided to try on my wedding dress and I could barely zip it up. So I did what any wannabe bride would do. I sat and watched Dateline in my too-tight wedding dress.

Confession 2: I want to get a spray on tan. If I fork out the bucks I may be orange. But at this point, it may be better than my tranluscent skin.

Confession 3: The smell of stale cigarette smoke reminds me of theme parks, specifically DisneyLand. I kind of like it.


I hope this privileged information doesn't skew your feelings about me. Love, Janelle

3 comments:

Marisa said...

haha love you nellie!

Nana said...

Ya should have called me! I would have come over!

Tuzi Salz said...

It is a post like this that makes me realize why you and I were destined to be the best of friends. You make me laugh. love.