Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tell me lies. Tell me sweet little lies.

Teaching these last two weeks have been HEAVEN! Although an expected hell is on the brink of disaster, I am loving what I have right now. One of my students has particularly had me choking back snorts and giggles all year. This student has a problem. He is a compulsive liar. But I dare say he is the best kind there is. He is sweet and sincere with a wonderful heart. Here are some of the things that have "happened" to him in his short 8 years of life.
  • His brother got the Bubonic Plague. (Tough deal)
  • When discussing the moon: "My grandpa went to the moon! And my brother got to go there when he went to space camp!"
  • When discussing how our holidays went: "I went to Australia and swam with dolphins."
  • Only to be followed with: "I'm going to Mexico and maybe Vietnam for Christmas, but I don't know yet."
  • When talking about favorite sports teams: "My dad played for the Steelers and won tons of super bowls."
  • When discussing bullying: "My brother got bullied once. He was hit in the head and his eye popped out. But its in again."
I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow when we talk about the Cheyenne Native Americans! I bet his brother or his grandpa belong to the tribe.

4 comments:

Rodney and Tanya said...

Hahaha. Kids say the darndest things.

McKell said...

I've got one of those. No matter what we are talking about, it happened to him last night!

Suzi Q said...

LOL! I love it! I am so happy that school is going so well right now. YAY!

Tuzi Salz said...

I love the way you post about these things so all can enjoy. I think you are swell and I'm betting you are a great teacher. Good work little one. Maybe you should brew up some tales of your own to make this little kid think you are as cool as him. You could say that you were the first girl to fight in the Civil War...