Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I smell something.


The weather is cooler.
I feel the need to buy sweaters.
I suddenly feel like nesting and buying unnecessary, and possibly tacky, holiday trinkets.
Fallen apples on the lawn have a sharp and sweet scent.

IT'S FALL!

This will be my first fall in Sandy since my senior year in high school because I have spent my previous years in Logan. I love fall. I love everything about it. I love that it is jacket weather. I love gourds, kids in cute tights and sweaters, cinnamon smells, turning leaves, everything. I even want to throw myself another wedding in the Fall because it is ever so lovely. Perhaps I'll just settle for a Fall party. I think I will sit on my porch in a chunky sweater and sip cider while my neighbors all lay on their communal futon and smoke with all their doors and windows open. I suppose we all enjoy the Fall differently.

9 comments:

Josh and Laura said...

ok this post is great, but I gotta say I'm still laughing at your last post with the baby picture. That face is still killing me.

Rodney and Tanya said...

Can we come to your party and be porch monkeys while gawking at the classy neighbors?

carla thorup said...

i believe you left off -hang out with matt and carla & -hang out at the cabin for conference with matt and carla.

please adjust the list accordingly :)

The Youngs said...

Heyyy.. so i think blogspot should have a like button just like facebook does.. cause i really have nothing to say.. but that i like it and mis syou guys! hang out soon k!

Nana said...

Gotta love your latest picture of you and Danno with "squish faces"!
You two make me smile continually!

Nana said...

P.S. Speaking of the cabin...are you and Danno coming up to the cabin for Conference?

Suzi Q said...

You are such a doll! I love the fall too! It just makes me happy! :)

Kim said...

we went private. Give me your email address so we can send you an invite. kchampion8@hotmail.com

Tuzi Salz said...

I too love gourds and you. That is all.